Sunday, May 19, 2013

23 in '13 #9: Overture

Song #9: Overture
It's a good thing that I was running ahead of schedule on 23 in '13, as the past month has made things a bit more difficult to work on projects like that. But, we're back to it!
Part of this last month was spent catching up on some of the Big Movies of the past year or so, notably some of the Marvel action movies (Iron man, Avengers, et al). And anytime I I watch a movie like that, i find it very hard to not thinking in terms of BIG MOVIE SCORES. They're just so much fun. So, we're veering away from Orchestralectro for the time being, and working back in pure orchestral again.

The genesis for this project was when I was driving on an errand. I had a basic string rhythm in my head, and started to hum a melody over it. I liked it...quite a bit. I actually parked the car for a bit so I could plunk the melody into an app so I could be sure to remember it for later. Good thing I did, because I definitely forgot in until I listened to it later.

I'm calling this one "Overture" because it veers around from different feelings and emotions in a relatively small space. The different sections in it could be developed into pieces in their own right (which I just might do). Time to get back on schedule for #10!

No comments:

Post a Comment